Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chattanooga

OK, so I just got back from Chattahoocie with the Fam. Well, it was me, Carly, Carson, Sonny, my niece Jasmine, and my mom. It was fun, but CRAZY. Let's just say we almost got kicked out of our hotel. I have been to several Spring Breaks, a Senior trip, etc, and at 32 with 2 children we get a call from the hotel Manager with a noise complaint! Anywho, we packed it all in and had a great time.
We went to Ruby Falls. it was my first time in a cave and the whole time I was all the sudden extremely concerned about an eathquake. It was pretty cool, I felt like I was in an Indiana Jones movie. Here we are walking behind the waterfall "Ruby" inside the cave.


Next, we headed downtown to eat and then back to the hotel, motel, Holiday Inn, say what (another rap song ref.) And did some indoor swimming. I wasn't planning on swimming but had to jump in at one point to rescue Sonny so, I was now swimming. Next was the noise complaint.


The next morning we went to Coolidge park and rode the indoor carousel and played in the fountains. The highlight was Sonny purposefully stepping in and squishing around dog poo. Here is Carly and Jas at the fountain.

After the park we went to Ride the Incline train. Oh my goodness, I almost pooped my pants...seriously! We basically went a mile straight up a mountain. I was scared. Once up the hill I didn't think I could go back down. However, I did make it down and thankfully without any racin' stripes in my underwear as a souveineer. These pics just don't do it justice.



So, all in all, it was fun, but it was different going with my mom. If you know me, then you know that I love my mom dearly, we are very close but, let's just say she's...different? OK, we went to Chattanoogie, obviously. I don't know what she packed in her grocery sack (I'm serious, God love her) but, I know what she DID NOT pack...her jeans, her curling iron, her toothpaste, her deoderant, her make up remover, her moisturizer, her lotion, her underwear, or her bathing suit (and she DID get in the hot tub and pool)...I wish I had a picture of that to post.

Anywho, goodtimes and lots of fun, crazy memories.

3 comments:

Amy Lafayett said...

I need to know more. Why the noise complaint?? Why didn't your mom have more stuff? Oh, and I am super glad that you didn't poop your pants. That would have been a good one. :) Can't wait for more details!! Thanks for sharing about it. It gave me a great laugh!

Unknown said...

Oh girl! I didn't know you were going this week! I was thinking the weekend! Guess yal didn't make it to Lake Winnie? You MUST go sometime while the kids are small. Levi had a ball. You were much more brave then my family when we went to Chattanoogie- we didn't dare take 6 kids the places you went! WHOA!
You are so funny to read your post, I feel like I am talking to you. Did your Mom go on whim or something, not really planning on going to have left so much behind?

Susan said...

We have been to Chattanooga but have never done Ruby Falls. Sounds like you would recommend it. My boys are 7 and 4- I'm sure they would love walking around in a cave. Glad you guys had a good time!